- Today's comic is Batemanimation: Mitt's campaign ad: Day One by Scott Bateman:
- Poor Tony Blair has such a hard time with bullies:
Former Prime Minister Tony Blair said Monday that he couldn’t stand up to the Britain’s media tycoons while in power, telling an official media ethics inquiry that doing so could have dragged his administration into a political quagmire. [...]
The greying ex-prime minister said he long had concerns about what he once described as the “feral beasts” of the media but had to tread carefully where press barons were concerned.
“I took a strategic decision to manage these people, not confront them,” he told Lord Justice Brian Leveson, who is leading the inquiry. “I didn’t say that I feared them … [but] had you decided to confront them, everything would have been pushed to the side. It would have been a huge battle with no guarantee of winning.”
- The Green Lantern is gay.
Imagine a tiny snake robot crawling through your body, helping a surgeon identify diseases and perform operations.
It's not science fiction. Scientists and doctors are using the creeping metallic tools to perform surgery on hearts, prostate cancer, and other diseased organs. The snakebots carry tiny cameras, scissors and forceps, and even more advanced sensors are in the works. For now, they're powered by tethers that humans control. But experts say the day is coming when some robots will roam the body on their own.
- Meghan McCain is out with a new book destined for the bargain bin. Among her many oh-so-deep political insights, she still hates President Clinton because he "cheated and lied." Guess little Meghan still doesn't know how her mommy and daddy met.
- How about a little salt in the wound, Gov. Rick "Oops" Perry?
The Texas governor, who long ago ended his own run for the White House, will likely watch his onetime rival Mitt Romney officially clinch the GOP’s presidential nomination in his home state on Tuesday, the official coronation for the man who essentially clinched the party’s nod two months ago. [...]
Now, he’s powerless to stop Romney from rolling over Texas as he becomes the party’s standard-bearer against President Obama in the fall.
“Alas, [Perry’s campaign] seems so long ago,” said Jim Henson, the director of the Texas Politics Project at the University of Texas.
- This kangaroo is kind of a dick:
A hostile kangaroo launched a savage assault on a mother after spending two days stalking her - then attacked her husband as she recovered in hospital.
Kirrily McWilliams was left with a 12-inch scar following the brutal attack by the powerful grey kangaroo as she walked down her driveway.
- This disgraced former congressman-turned-prison-inmate is also kind of a dick:
Randall “Duke” Cunningham, the disgraced former congressman currently serving an eight year sentence for his involvement in one of the biggest bribery scandals in congressional history, would like his second amendment rights restored when he leaves prison so he can hunt, fish and protect himself from rabid cougars, he wrote in a letter to a federal judge this month. [...]
“I asking you (sic) to help restore my second amendment rights so I can earn a little money so I can eat,” Cunningham, who said he was a lifetime member of the NRA, wrote. “Pls (sic) help me your honor. I don’t have much left but this little thing is a big thing for me.”
- Ah, America. We can't fix our bridges or educate our children, but apparently, we make awesome sperm. Yea, us!
- Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our elected officials' lives:
Soon after Mark Kirk's ex-wife announced she would no longer support his 2010 run for the U.S. Senate, he brought her onto his campaign team, then quietly paid her after his victory.
But Kimberly Vertolli, a lawyer who received $40,000 from the campaign, again is at odds with her ex-husband, filing a complaint with the Federal Election Commission alleging that Kirk and his then-girlfriend may have broken campaign finance law.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Kaili Joy Gray
- My beautiful wife, Mary Nir, was an extraordinary soul. She was the kindest person I ever knew. She had a wickedly off-beat sense of humor. There was no one she wouldn't stop to help. If you knew ...174 comments 713 Recs
- Some of us have been missing Kaili Joy Gray's weekly recap of the War on Women. I'd rather be just plain missing the War on Women, but until then, we're trying to bring this weekly feature back as ...59 comments 101 Recs
- Kaili's first contribution is up at Wonkette and it is terrific. Happy Conservative Warriors Defeated by Mysterious CPAC Plague Caused By Liberals Probably . Everybody please welcome our newest ...87 comments 195 Recs
- Cross posted from Blue Virginia Just when you thought Virginia AG - and presumptive 2013 Teapublican nominee for governor - Ken "Kookinelli" couldn't get any creepier or more bizarre,18 comments 29 Recs
- Robin Kelly, victorious After Robin Kelly's dominant victory in Tuesday night's Democratic primary to fill ex-Rep. Jesse Jackson, Jr.'s vacant House seat, there's been a lot of very facile analysis ...84 comments 133 Recs
- This is fucking awesome, and hilarious, and appropriate, and reflective of my thinking on the issue. Look, I've long maintained that Daily Kos isn't for everyone, and will never strive to be. It is ...860 comments 564 Recs
- Greg Sargent :Norman Ornstein, an observer of Congress for decades, literally wrote the book on GOP obstructionism. So I asked him what he thought of the disappointing filibuster reform deal reached ...224 comments 250 Recs
- Chances Rand Paul will ever be president No doubt you've seen Sen. Rand Paul's made-for-TV tantrum yesterday at the U.S. Senate's Benghazi hearing. When the Kentucky ...95 comments 133 Recs
- No, not that pizza executive Here's what House Republicans were up to yesterday : House Republicans heard it loud ...100 comments 32 Recs
- I've long believed that wankerish NoLabels-loving conservaDem Jim Cooper has deserved a primary challenge. It's not just his votes but his mouth: He's spent his whole career publicly undermining the ...191 comments 147 Recs
Kaili Joy Gray's Tags
- #OccupyWallstreet (256)
- Abortion (12310)
- Black Kos (3644)
- Bristol Palin (265)
- Civil Rights (40947)
- Equal Pay (634)
- Feminism (3367)
- Mad Logophile (39)
- Occupy Wall Street (14296)
- Planned Parenthood (2902)
- Rape (4472)
- Sarah Palin (15990)
- second-wave feminism (14)
- Sex (1572)
- Susan G. Komen (247)
- War on Women (5482)
- Women (5769)
Kaili Joy Gray's Blogroll
- No current results.